Hello! Many of you know me as King Magax from the Kingdom section of the mangafox forums. I used to do up weekly summaries of the chapter ahead of the English release but with the swift release of the English chapters in the recent year or so, combined with my busy schedule, I will probably not do any more weekly summaries. For summaries that I did in the past, you can refer to the Kingdom Summaries page.
As most of the characters in Kingdom are based on actual historical figures, I have compiled all their information here on this website for easy reference. If you are interested in the background information of any character in the Kingdom universe who was created based on a historical character of the era of the Warring States in China, do feel free to take a look in the Historical facts and information of Kingdom page. I have also did a translation of a Chinese academic journal article of Li Xin, the Qin general that Kingdom main character Shin is based on over here.
WARNING: There will be plenty of historical spoilers
You might also want to check out the one-shots that Kingdom creator, Mr Hara Yasuhisa drew before he officially started to serialize Kingdom. I have translated the one-shots in the past with a small scanlation group and the links can be found in the Kingdom one-shots page.
For other miscellaneous Kingdom related stuff, such as prominent promotional materials, words from Mr Hara Yasuhisa and other random facts, you can visit the Misc. Kingdom Stuff page.
If you have any suggestion on how to improve this website, do drop me a comment as I am not a professional web page designer to this and I aim to make this site as easy to navigate as possible. I will also appreciate your help to inform me through the comment section of the relevant page if you encounter any dead links, broken images, outdated information etc.
Also, if you have any questions about Kingdom, history, or anything under the sun, do feel free to write something about it in the comments section. I will try my best to reply as soon as possible.
16 Aug 17:
– I read Ch527 recently and figured that I should do up an article on the Quanrong, as well as introduce the non-Chinese tribes. Manage to finish it ahead of schedule so here goes: The Barbarians of Ancient China
– Next update should be around 24 or 25 August, most probably on Hu Zhe, the Zhao guardian of the capital followed by Guidebook 2 if there aren’t anything important I can think of.
15 Aug 17:
– Random update: I will be officially back some time around the end of next week and will dedicate time to update this website. In the meantime, I will check back at least once daily to reply to comments, if any.
17 July 17:
– Fixed the broken images from old photobucket links. Please comment at the relevant page if there are any other broken images or links.
22 June 17:
– Updated video link on Interview with Hara Yasuhisa page since the old link was dead.
19 June 17:
– Probably no new content for a while. I do have one more new character in mind that I would like to do a post on but I doubt I have the time. I will still try to do it if I manage to squeeze out some time from my schedule.